I’ve been doing this for some time now and I get to talk with a lot of buyers and sellers. And you know what I have learned? There are a lot of people who have had bad experiences with bad realtors. that’s really a shame, becasue like myself, there are some really solid and professional agents out there.
So let’s have some fun. Below I outline 10 Reasons to Fire Your Realtor!
1) They do not answer or return your phone call. Sounds crazy right? Wrong! it’s all too common unfortunately. I have heard this SO many times! Many sellers have told me that basically their agent ust stuck the sign in the yard, placed it on the MLS and they never heard from them again. Sad.
2) In the home buying or selling process, they don’t ask you what YOU would like to do… they tell you what you are GOING to do. So many agents (especially those who have a lot of years under their belt) think that it is their duty to steer their client to the clients decision and basically tell them what they should do. WRONG! We are there to inform them of everything that is going on in the scenario, tell them their options, and allow THE CLIENT to make the final decision as to what they would like to do. My opinion or thoughts do not matter unless the client is asking for them.
3) They don’t make you feel like you are a priority. If you want to go look at homes and they can’t meet up with you for 3 days or so, is that agent really making you a priority? Absolutely not. You are important! You are the client! Now mind you on a rare occasion an agent might be completely slammed so he/she may not be able to get to you for 3 days, but if this is a reoccuring theme, move on or ask to be referred to an agent who has more time. You don’t wanna miss the opportunity to make an offer on that new listing!
4) They don’t provide you with market updates. What good does it do to be listed for sale for 60, 90, or even 120 days with no market updates from your agent? With out these updates, you have absolutely no idea what your competition is doing, what has sold, or what neighbor has reduced their price. It’s no different than buying a car. You look around and comparision shop. Buyers are doing the same thing when buying houses, so wouldn’t you want your agent to keep you in the know so that you can remain competitive in the marketplace and sell your home, not someone’s around the corner from you? My hand is up!
5) If you catch them in a lie. It’s time for a break-up if this happens. No questions asked. Realtors are bound by a certain code of ethics by the National Association of Realtors. I for one would like to keep my license, so for me, lying is not an option. Enough said.
6) If they don’t do what they promised you. This one is pretty simple, but if an agent promises X, Y and Z… they better deliver. If they don’t, I think that is a question of integrity on behalf of the agent and I would recommend cutting them loose sooner rather than later.
7) They don’t THOROUGHLY go over the paperwork they have you sign. If they basically skim over it really fast and just say, “Sign here”, you know you might be about to join ranks with someone that you shouldn’t. The Listing Agreement, the Buyers Representation Agreement and Contract are SO very important to go over in their entirety. YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SIGNING!
8) If you just don’t “click”. We’ve all been there before. We think we like someone and we think we will work well together, but after an hour or so of actually working together, we quickly realize that we just don’t “click”. If this is the case… move on people, move on. Buying a home or selling a home is usually a long partnership where both parties had better like each other, trust each other and in general, just plain enjoy each others company.
9) If your working with anyone else other than The Kevin Rhodes Group. Only joking of course, but I couldn’t come up with more than 8 reasons!
10) If your working with anyone else other than The Kevin Rhodes Group. Only joking of course, but I couldn’t come up with more than 8 reasons!
Kevin Rhodes with Keller Williams Dallas/Fort Worth
Research me on Facebook HERE!
View my YouTube Channel HERE!